Today's News
Actually, my husband told me when he got home last night, after I'd done that last post, that the buyer had accepted our counter offer. Today we got some more details from the realtor. The next step will be to have inspections done for pests, dry rot and septic. If the buyer still wants to proceed after the inspections, we will close July 6 and have 14 days to vacate. If the buyer doesn't like what he hears, he can still call off the deal and we're back to showing the house. It's hard to believe, however, that that will happen. Things seem to be preceding along some divinely arranged track here and I have faith we won't be derailed!
Told the folks at work today about the situation and that I would most likely be leaving in mid-June. That was hard. I genuinely like the people I'm working with now and will be a little sad leaving before my 6 month temporary position expires. They seemed to understand, though, and some expressed a touch of envy, saying I was going off on a "Big Adventure." Making a cross country move in the middle of the summer with two cats and a dog certainly qualifies for that.
We are still planning on making a quick trip to Florida for a big family celebration. My grandparents will be celebrating 80th birthdays and their 63rd wedding anniversary. We bought tickets weeks ago, never thinking the house would sell so quickly, so we'll go down there the last weekend in June. My husband should get a good taste of the hot, sticky summers Down South while we're there. Bring on the watermelon and iced tea!
Tomorrow we will pick up the RV from the garage. We had it serviced and it should be ready to roll. Guess I'll have to learn to drive the thing. That, in itself, should be an adventure. I'll let you know how it goes.

<< Home